To get to the International Balloon Festival of St-Jean-sur-Richelieu from:
In collaboration with the city of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
and Tourisme Saint-Jean & Région
Every day during the festival, round bus trips will be made available from Montreal to the festival, transiting at the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu terminal.
Where to go ?
To board the shuttles, go to:
1. Montreal Downton Terminal (Bonaventure station) :
1000, de la Gauchetière Street (South Pier), Montréal, Québec (Canada)
Follow the signs for Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (doors 17 and 18)
2. Brossard Terminal (Panama) :
Dock 15, 1895, Panama street, Brossard, Quebec
3. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Terminal :
700, Boucher Street, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec (Canada) J3B 7Z8
Look for the Montreal-Saint-Jean Terminal-Festival Bus.
Schedules & Fees
To see the complete schedule and prices, please click on the links below:
Local Service : Navette Montgolfières
- Free for volunteers, with volunteer bracelet
- Free for 9-day passport holders
- Tickets must be purchased directly on the bus.
- No reservations, operations according to the first come first served system.
- Passengers must provide the correct amount to buy a ticket. No change available.
- Access to the festival site not included. Click here for complete pricing
- No other form of payment other than cash will be accepted.
Rules of Public Transportation
- Bicycles, skateboards or passengers wearing inline skates are forbidden onboard the bus. Strollers are admitted.
- It is strictly forbidden to eat, drink, smoke or consume alcoholic beverages onboard the bus. For security reasons, it is also forbidden to light a match or a lighter.
- Littering is forbidden. Garbage has to be thrown in the provided bins.
- Animals are forbidden onboard, except for guide dogs and small animals carried in cages. The person in charge of the animal must look after its pet and make sure it respects other passengers and bus neatness.
- It is forbidden to have a radio, a music instrument or any other device that emits sounds that could disturb the other passengers, with the exception of cellular phones that may be used moderately.
- It is forbidden to make noise, swear or make obscene or offensive comments, regardless of the form (speaking, singing, etc.)
- It is strictly forbidden to act in an immoral or indecent manner, to scream, to be drunk or to be intoxicated by prohibited drugs. It is equally forbidden to discommode other passengers in any other way.
- It is forbidden to put your feet up on the seat or to soil it.
- No solicitation of other passengers will be tolerated.
- All objects found in the bus must be given to the driver or inspector. To claim a lost object, the user must visit the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Terminal, located at 700, Boucher Street. Objects are kept 3 months and then given to a charitable organization.
- It is forbidden for passengers to argue with the driver or inspector on any subject or matter. Complaints are to be addressed to the city of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, by phone at (450) 359-2054 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information
- Downtown Terminus (Bonaventure Metro) : Bus 96, Gate 17 or 18
- Transfer to St Jean Terminus to the “montgolfières Shuttle” or the blue line service (Saint-Jean)
*Use the blue or yellow service if you are coming from Vieux Saint-Jean
Watch for updated messages on Highway 10’s, Highway 30’s and Highway 35’s electronic signs. They will keep you posted on the status of traffic approaching the event site. Bike racks available on buses.