Visit the kiosks located at the craftsman’s tent and discover a multitude of original and creative pieces.
On site, you will be able to find, amongst others, various jewelry, Hot Air Balloons made of different materials, blown glass, items made of leather and much more much more!
The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu’s kiosk offers an assortment of official souvenirs sporting the festival’s logo.
Are you a crafstman or an artist ?
In 2013, the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-on-Richelieu is at its 30th edition. This year again, artists and craftsmen will be able to exhibit the fruit of their talents. It is an excellent opportunity for craftsmen to showcase their products to nearly 400,000 visitors per year!
The inscription period is started. Here are the criteria, informations and rates in effect for the 2013 edition.
Craftsperson and artist selection criteria:
- All products must be hand-made.
- When of equal quality, those products from craftsmen or artists of the Haut-Richelieu area will be favoured.
- During selection, we will consider the originality and diversity of the products.
- The manufacturing or creation techniques, the materials used, and the total appearance of the products will be consider.
- Products from manufacturers, distributors, or importers will not be considered.
- No food with immediate consumption will be accepted.
- The craftsman jeweler has to offer products made in majority by the craftsman himself. The use of pieces as it is (for example: beads, precious stones, etc) and simply assembled on a manufactured support won’t be accepted. The use of findings (clasps, butterflies, etc) is determined by the function and is tolerated as long as they constitute a minor proportion of the craftsman production.
- The Hot Air Balloons theme can be used, however, without the use of the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu's name or image.
- The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to refuse the presence of a craftsman to the craftsman’s tent.
The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to change selection criterias without notice.
- Cost of rent: one thousand five hundred dollars ($1500) more taxes, payable in two payments: a first check equivalent to 50 % of the cost of rent and on the signature of the contract and the second of 50 % postdated of June 1st, 2013, non-refundable.
- Stand size: 10’ x 10’, on the craftsman’s tent.
- Length of exhibit: 9 days, from August 10 to 18, 2013. Weekdays, from 1:30 p.m. to 11:15 p.m., and weekends from noon to 11:15 p.m. The craftsman must keep his stand open at all times, as well as keep sufficient personnel and inventory so as to be able to offer his/her products and/or services throughout the event.
- The craftsman will be entitled to two concessionary accreditations valid for the duration of the event, one of which will allow entry through the corporate parking area, to allow easier transportation of works or products. Additional accreditation requests will be considered.
- The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-on-Richelieu organization will provide the tent, the carpeted floor, the separating walls, electricity (a 15-amp electrical outlet) and basic lighting for the tent.
- The craftsman will provide the tables, chairs, the lighting, posting, and preservation systems for specific foods, electrical extensions, and power bars.
- Kiosks will be distributed first of all according to the seniority of the exhibitor as well as according to the date of reception of the check.
- The craftsman must provide proof of public liability insurance with minimum coverage of one million dollars.
- There is night and day security on the site, but the craftsman remains responsible for his works or products.
For any additional information, please contact the International Balloon Festival