The Craftsmen’s walkway
Visit the kiosks located at the craftsman’s tent and discover a multitude of original and creative pieces.
On site, you will be able to find, amongst others, various jewelry, Hot Air Balloons made of different materials, blown glass, items made of leather and much more much more!
The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu’s kiosk offers an assortment of official souvenirs sporting the festival’s logo.
Are you a crafstman or an artist ?
In 2014, the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-on-Richelieu is at its 31st edition. This year again, artists and craftsmen will be able to exhibit the fruit of their talents. It is an excellent opportunity for craftsmen to showcase their products to nearly 400,000 visitors per year!
The inscription period is started. Here are the criteria, informations and rates in effect for the 2014 edition.
Craftsperson and artist selection criteria:
- All products must be hand-made.
- To be part of the festival as an exhibitor, those interested must submit their registration via the website or email email@example.com before March 21, 2014. A short biography, a list of all items to be sold (summaries only please, for example: ‘jewelry’ - not ‘necklace with blue feathers, necklace with pink feathers’- etc...) and pictures of the products must be attached to the application. The International Balloon Festival is committed to providing answers to participating artisans no later than April 4. In 2014, only 8 spaces are available.
- For the final selection, originality, product quality, variety, origin (in cases of equal quality, products by the artisans of the Haut-Richelieu will be favored), the technique of manufacture or creation, materials used and the overall appearance of the products will all be considered. The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to choose or reject an artisan for any reason and in accordance with standards established by the corporation. Seniority is not a selection criterion.
- Products by manufacturers, distributors or importers are not allowed.
- Some local products will be accepted to the extent that these foods are available for consumption at home. (Jam, vinaigrette dressing, soap, body products, etc..). No food for immediate consumption will be accepted, including tastings (chocolates, homemade candy, ice cream specialty, cheese ...).
- The Hot Air Balloons theme can be used, however, without the use of the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu's name or image.
- The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to refuse the presence of a craftsman to the craftsman’s tent.
The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to change selection criterias without notice.
The artisan is committed to respecting the following without exception:
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any insult, injury or damage to the reputation (letter, social media, "chatter", gossip, etc.) of the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu or its officers shall be liable to immediate expulsion without prior notice and without refund. This warning is valid at all times.
- Length of exhibit: 9 days, from August 9 to 17, 2014.
- Weekdays, from 1:30 p.m. to 11:15 p.m., and weekends from noon to 11:15 p.m. The craftsman must keep his stand open at all times, as well as keep sufficient personnel and inventory so as to be able to offer his/her products and/or services throughout the event. It should be noted that the festival organizes a recognition event for sponsors and volunteers on the Tuesday from 10am to 1:30pm. Kiosk artisans do not necessarily have to be open, but no specific monitoring will be made by the festival during these hours. The artisan is fully responsible for their area and works.
- Cost of rent: one thousand five hundred dollars ($1500) more taxes. Artisans who want to share their kiosk must obtain permission from the organization. An additional $250 fee will be charged for shared kiosks.
- Payments: Fees are payable in two payments: a first check equivalent to 50 % of the cost of rent and on the signature of the contract and the second of 50 % postdated of June 2nd, 2014. These amounts are non-refundable unless there are exceptional reasons (serious illness, fire, etc...).
- Stand size: 10’ x 10’, with an opening on one side.
- Materials provided: The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-on-Richelieu organization will provide the tent, the carpeted floor, the separating walls, electricity (a 15-amp electrical outlet) and basic lighting for the tent.
- Materials needed: The craftsman will provide the tables, chairs, the lighting, posting, and preservation systems for specific foods, electrical extensions, and power bars. Particular attention should be paid to the cleanliness of the kiosk. Spaces that become warehouse-like (full shelves on the walls), storage areas (boxes everywhere) or portray a ‘flea market’ feel will not be tolerated. The International Balloon Festival expects kiosks to look more like "mini-boutiques."
- Accreditations: The artisan will be offered two dealer accreditations valid for the duration of the event, including one that will allow entry to the site via the commercial parking lot to drop of works or products. However, vehicles must be parked in the designated places for no longer than 60 minutes before the opening of the site, each and every day. Requests for additional certifications will be considered. Please note that vehicles should never stay in front of your kiosk unless they are being unloaded to maintain open access and transportation corridors.
- Parking: A parking space is included in the "merchant" parking, close to the artisans’ kiosks, but not necessarily directly behind them.
- Location: The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu reserves the right to install kiosks in the location of their choice and can change the location at any time until the Thursday before the event. No statements by the artisans will be considered.
- Choice of kiosk: The kiosks will be randomly selected and presented. Their distribution will be announced in July. Any negative comments about them will result in the automatic expulsion of the artisan without a refund.
- Insurance: The artisan must provide proof of civil liability insurance with a minimum coverage of one million dollars at the signing of the contract. It is important to inform the festival about insurance renewals.
- Security: There is security day and night on the site, but the artisan is still responsible for their work and products at all times. No exclusive security for the Craftsman’s walkway is expected.
- Exclusivity: No exclusivity will be granted during the event. The Craftsman’s walkway is a place for festival goers to be delighted and a showcase to promote various arts.
- Assembly and disassembly: The artisan will be able to build their kiosk as of 8am the Friday before the event (August 8th). No permission will be given for installation before that date. Kiosks must be empty by 4pm the Monday following the event (August 18). Vehicles parked in front of the kiosks or in the transportation corridor will also be banned unless they are there to load equipment.
- Fire extinguisher: A fire extinguisher is provided by the festival to each kiosk. An invoice for $150 will be billed if the extinguisher is not in your tent at the end of the festival. Thank you for being vigilant.
For any additional information, please contact the International Balloon Festival
It is agreed that any artisan applying for a kiosk at the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu must read and understand every clause of this contract. Registration demonstrates their acceptance of all selection criteria and commitment to the statements herein.